Monday August 21
Cook the Book$90.00
Essentials of Classic Italian Cooking by Marcella Hazan
Chef Instructor Bridget Charters, who lived and worked in Italy for several years, is our expert on all things Italian. Marcella Hazan’s ground breaking cookbooks were among the first guides to authentic Italian cooking written for an American audience, and one of Bridget’s favorites is Essentials of Classic Italian Cooking. For this class, Bridget will cook a summery Italian menu entirely from Marcella’s book.
As you watch Bridget demo, you’ll enjoy substantial tastes of each recipe. Then you’ll get to roll up your sleeves and make some crespelle (thin pancakes, or crepes), hands-on, and we’ll box them up for you to take home. Of course, you’ll take home all the recipes so you can make this dinner- perfect for a warm summer evening on patio or deck- for your family and friends.
What You’ll Learn:
- Tomatoes stuffed with tuna- ripe, summer tomatoes packed with a flavorful mixture featuring imported tuna packed in olive oil- demo
- Local fish ‘in carpione’- small whole fish that are fried whole, then marinated in vinegar, onions, and herbs- demo
- Crespelle with spinach, prosciutto, and Parmesan- thin pancakes (the Italian version of crepes) rolled around a delicious filling and baked- demo and hands-on
- Grilled swordfish steaks-in Marcella’s words, “olive oil, lemon juice, and oregano make a beguilingly fragrant amalgam that is brushed on smoking hot fish the moment it’s lifted from the grill.”
- Green beans with yellow peppers, tomatoes, and chili peppers- this will become your favorite summer side dish
- Swiss chard, Italian style
- Ciambella- ‘Grandmother’s Pastry Ring’- the traditional home baked cake from Marcella’s native Romagna.
If you have a question about this class or would like to be put on a wait list, contact firstname.lastname@example.org and include the name and date of the class with your question.