Tuesday April 25
Classic sauces for Italian pasta
Chef-instructor Bridget Charters lived in Italy and worked in Italian restaurants for several years, so she is an expert on the subject of saucing Italian pastas.
Bridget will talk about the basic classic sauces for Italian pastas such as butter, cream, tomato, vegetable-based sauces, ragu sauces, pestos, and emulsified sauces such as carbonara.
As you watch Bridget demo, you will enjoy a taste of the sauces or sauced pastas. Then you’ll break into teams to work on either carbonara or arrabbiata sauce. The Hot Stove team will cook off the pasta, then you can sit down to enjoy a plate of the sauced pastas with salad and Dahlia bread.
What You’ll Learn:
- Learn about the basic classic sauces for Italian pasta; Bridget will also explain how to use a classic base to build another version of that sauce
- Learn how to make aglio olio- demo
- How to make meat ragu- demo
- Learn about various pestos; learn how to make pesto trapanese- demo
- How to make carbonara sauce for pasta (the Roman sauce of eggs, cheese, and pancetta)- demo and hands-on
- How to make arrabbiata sauce for pasta (a spicy sauce “angry style” of garlic, tomatoes, onions and red chili peppers cooked in olive oil) - hands on
- How to make asparagus, mozzarella, egg and tomato sauce for pasta- demo
If you have a question about this class or would like to be put on the wait list, please email firstname.lastname@example.org and include the name and date of the class with your question.