Saturday July 29
Summertime Sausage and Beer$85.00
Cold beer and a Dog
Here are the crucial questions of summer- what beers should you be drinking, and what should you eat with those refreshing summery beers? We have the answers!
What beers should you be drinking? We’re excited to welcome Chuck Shin of Chuck’s Hop Shop to help us with the answer! Chuck opened the Greenwood Chuck’s Hop Shop with the goal of providing families a space where they could relax, have a good beer, and maybe an ice cream for the kids. Chuck’s idea struck gold leading to the introduction of 50 taps and a second location in the Central District. At these welcoming spots, with a rotating schedule of food trucks, Shin’s many loyal customers can choose from a wide selection of draft beers, or buy bottles and growlers to go. Chuck continues to explore the world of beer, bringing in new breweries and commissioning exciting new beers from Washington’s best breweries.
Chef Eric Stover answers the question of what to eat while drinking a delicious, cold beer with one word: sausage! You’ll enjoy a substantial taste of all the juicy, savory, and delicious sausages that Chef Eric demos, and you’ll sample a short pour of each beer.
The next time you stop by Chuck’s Hop Shop, or any tavern, pub, or market with a dizzying array of beer choices- you’ll know just which beer to choose! Take home Eric’s recipes so you can try out these great sausages in your own kitchen.
What you’ll learn:
- Which hops the brewers choose for these beers and why
- Why beer and sausage taste so great together
- A discussion of sausage making history
- How to make and stuff sausages at home
- Cooking and grilling tips
- Hellbent Pau Hana Passionfruit IPA
- Reuben’s Summer IPA
- pFriem’s Blonde IPA
- Fort George Overdubb
- Standard Summer Pale
Sausage Menu: (demo only)
- Smoked beef frankfurter with the works
- Brian’s bratwurst with hop-infused mustard and green garlic choucroute
- Anderson Valley lamb merguez with pickled ramp yogurt
- Korean-style kielbasa with japchae and Mom’s kimchi
If you have question about this class or would like to be put on a wait list, please contact email@example.com